I had been in a doldrum for a little over a week and a half. No one would know this because I hadn't been posting due to school. But, things are getting better. Thats not to say that I am doing fabulous or anything; its more like I am coming to grips that there is something I have been lacking, that i desperately need.
Actually, its two things, but they go hand in hand. Those two things are worship and prayer; and reading the bible. I can group those things together by calling it "Jesus time" even though I feel really cliche saying. That's what it is though, simply put.
I have kind of been relying on Master's Commission to supply my time for worshiping and praying, and I was only reading my bible when it was convenient. It hasn't been like that all the entire time I've been here, but I would say since I went on Christmas break I started to do that.
Now, what the devil would like for me to do is to give up, and to be honest I had considered it a couple of times this past month. But, I can't escape the knowledge that this is were I am suppose to be, that this is what God wants me doing at this point in my life. So, instead of beating myself up and condemning myself, I am trying to get up and embrace the Holy Spirit's convictions. I would rather through the purifying flames now, than to try later on when things would be embedded more deeply. But, pray for me please. I have a desire to please God, but actions speak louder than words they say. And my spirit is will, yet my flesh is weak. Still, who the Son has set free is free indeed
Twitter: updates on the go
2.2.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Adam,
Don't you give up!That would be a victory for satan, and we can not let that happen. The word you are looking for and praying for is "Discipline." I struggle with it too. Pray for the discipline to study and for prayer. When you do, you will realize that you have more time then you need to read and study. Figure out what time of day works best for you and do it!!!! I'll be praying for you, and you please pray for me. Our "Men of Honor" group will be praying for you too! We are starting the "Wild at Heart" this Thursday night. When God helps you beat satan, it will be a great victory, just like the Giants victory over the Patriots. Next year: GO REDSKINS!!!!!
LOVE IN CHRIST: Shaun
Hey Adam, did you ever see such a time as this where satan is picking on God's people or should I say family. Hang in there and keep reading the scriptures. We have to grow strong and what better way than to keep God's word in our heart. I will be praying for you. G. Rosina
Post a Comment