Twitter: updates on the go

29.8.07

So Far

Well, I'm still with Telvin and Becca. So are David and Trampas. Its not so bad though. i am happy to have a roof over my head, a place to sleep, and food to eat. And eating is what I am doing at the moment =]. I have an hour to eat lunch before we start Human Video creativity/practice.

Either all of us [including the third, second, and first years] or just the first years will be giving our testimonies to each other. not that we are really giving them away, but rather just telling them. Testimonies is before HV practice, I think. HV stuff will be around four and a half hours long. No, not the Human Video but the practice and creativity parts!

Anyway, Monday was the first day of college. I registered along with the others for classes which wasn't difficult, and received the books for [most of] the classes. Six classes for a total of 15 credit hours is not bad at all, and I only have classes three days a week. I am taking Freshmen Seminar, Heart of the Worshiper, Leader's Foundation, Grammar and Composition, Spiritual Formation, and Old Testament Survey.

Although Monday is designated the free day for Master's students, it isn't the free day for all college students or classes. Luckily, the classes are on Monday evenings; Freshmen Seminar and Heart of the Worshiper. Heart of the Worshiper wasn't a required class for this semester but i wanted to take it nonetheless. the class title is self explanatory. A course on the heart, the ways of how we worship God. The first class was great! In fact, all my classes from Monday and Tuesday have been great! One of the greatest advantages that going to a bible teaching school is that we open each session with prayer, inviting God to be with us during our class. The sessions so far have involved some deep discussion and that has been incredible experiencing that! And I understand now that I can worship God in my studies.

Prayer on Monday was incredible. We went over the allotted amount of time that the ones who made the schedule had wanted, but because the Spirit of God was so heavy not one person was upset. And worship after staff Chapel yesterday was intense stuff. Worshiping God is something i wish i could do all the time, but as the good book says there is a time for everything under the sun =].

Prayer was on a part of the James river today. Holy Spirit closed our mouths today so that we could listen to what God had to say. I watched as some small waves crashed against a section of the shore and thought of how the ground was being slowly eroded away. That was God talking. He was telling me how he is going to tear me apart, just not at once and once I felt that the ground was soft i knew that He would be reforming me just as those waves reformed the earth they hit. Heh, and now that I remember that spot I watched this morning, it looked like a footprint. God will leave his mark in my life and people will see it and find were he is by following its direction! Sweet! God is freaking awesome!

Oh, and there was this little guy we met yesterday who Telvin claims as the person who most resembles the Apostle Paul. His name was Paul I[ I'm not sure how its spelled but it is pronounced 'eye']. He was once Buddhist and then a magician, not an illusionist, but a real magician. I hear he is covered from head to toe with tattoos from his former life. He is going to speak for ministry pragmatics sometime soon. I want to record what he says because i have a feeling he has a lot to offer us in wisdom.

Well, i am going to go pray about HV practice and about what God wants me to say in the two minutes i will get for telling my testimony. Peace out.

No comments:

Join imskiddz's Mob