Twitter: updates on the go

27.11.07

Two Awesome Little Ladies Part 1: Katherine

During my break this past weekend I was able to see one of the two greatest little girls I am fortunate to know. The incredible one year old (she'll be two on Jan 3, I think) is Katherine Marie Singleton. She is my cousin and happens to be named after my grandmother Catherine Marie Skidmore. I adore this little one a whole lot. Katherine is a unique little kid too, at least I think so. She is almost stoic, but not in a bad way, she just isn't whiny. Sure, Katherine laughs and cries for her mommy like most little kids, but she is very relaxed. She hasn't seen me for quite some time, yet I was able to walk over and pick her up without a hint of protest. I like that =]. Children are amazing and I love when I they don't cry because of me. What really got me was when Katherine wanted picked up by me. She did this several times. One time I was standing next to her, another time I asked If she wanted to go into the kitchen (or something, that wasn't important. It was that I got to hold her.), and the best time was when I was sitting down. She struggled to get past some people who were between us and at the next clearing darted as fast as her little legs could over to me and held up her little arms to me. Now, Katherine had held up her arms to me each time she wanted picked up, but this time was incredible. To see someone you love struggling to get to you is a humbling thing, and then to embrace them when they get to you is overwhelming.
Its a deeply spiritual thing though, the struggle and embrace. God watches us continually. He see us struggle with life, and He even knows what those struggles do to us. He isn't surprised when I feel like there is to much to deal with. Jesus wants us to struggle for something different than the world though. That may sound odd, so let me explain what I mean. The life for a Follower of Christ is not an easy one. Jesus didn't say you or I would be guaranteed a easy cake walk life. In fact, Master's is so far THE hardest thing I have done in my life and it is all because I choose to live abandoned to the will of God. I have no regrets though. I actually feel more alive now than I ever have. Not solely because of Master's though, but because the world is full of emptiness and sorrow and I know that Jesus is the way the truth and the light. I don't want to talk to much about this though, because words can fail. This is how me picking up Katherine relates to God and myself. God desires me, and when I desire Him I will go through struggles to get to Him. Even though others may be going in the opposite direction, I know where I am headed, and when I get to my heavenly Father's feet it will have been worth it all. I will lift up my arms to Him and His smiling face will look at me, and He will pick me up and embrace me as He has wanted to do for so long.

Krista and Kirk, I want you both to know that I pray for you and Kaleb, and I have been very compelled to pray for Katherine.

Now then, this post mentions that there are two little ladies, but I have only mentioned the one. "Well, who is the other one," you may be asking? That part will have to wait until tomorrow or sometime later. Something happened and I lost almost all of my enthusiasm =[ .

That is all I have for today. I have spent practically all day trying to post this and I can finally click the button.....Here I go!

2 comments:

Cosette said...

Adam--loved this post on Katherine! I can tell you put alot of thought into it. Can't wait to hear part two... :)

K. Singleton said...

That was so beautiful. I just don't know what to say... You put so much thought into it.
Thank you.

Join imskiddz's Mob